Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread Bars
Soft shortbread, hazelnuts, and chocolate are all rolled into one delicious bar. This winning combination cannot be beat.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup whole hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup melted sugar-free chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-by-9-inch baking dish. In a food processor, pulse hazelnuts until nuts are a coarse meal; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and coconut sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and salt and mix to combine. Add the flour and processed hazelnut mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Scoop out the mixture and press into the buttered baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Be sure not to overbake—the middle should be light and have puffed up from baking. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the warm bars. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs. Place bars in the refrigerator until hardened, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!