Chocolate Krispy Rice Balls
Enjoy the chocolaty, chewy crunch of these puffed cereal balls. Chocolate creates an extra level of flavor and sweetness.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups 100% puffed rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Combine puffed rice cereal, oats, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the coconut sugar, honey, and water. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 10 seconds. The mixture will bubble up, but this is okay. After 1 minute, add the chopped chocolate and stir. Microwave for another 5 seconds or so until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture. The mixture should look like a chocolate ganache. Quickly pour over the rice and oats mixture while it is still warm. Work quickly to stir and coat everything evenly.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form the mixture into balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. Serve immediately, or store in a covered container.