Chocolate Mint Truffles
Mint never tasted so good as it does in these bite-sized treats.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. peppermint schnapps
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate and cream in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water. Stir gently as the chocolate and cream melt together. Remove from the top of the double boiler just before all the chocolate pieces are melted and continue to stir until the remaining bits of chocolate are melted. Set aside 10 minutes to cool.
- Stir in the peppermint schnapps. Pour the ganache into a wide, shallow, airtight container and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Sift cocoa into a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove ganache from the refrigerator and use a tablespoon to scoop the chocolate. Use your hands to form it into balls and then roll in the cocoa.