Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream
If you have an ice-cream maker, you can skip the stirring and freezing and just add the blended ingredients to your machine.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 block (12 oz.) silken tofu
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- Using a double broiler, or over very low heat, melt chocolate chips until smooth and creamy. Allow to cool slightly.
- Blend together the soy milk, tofu, sugar, instant coffee, vanilla, and salt until very smooth and creamy, at least 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate chips, and process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large freezer-proof baking or casserole dish and freeze.
- Stir every 30 minutes until a smooth ice cream forms, about 4 hours. If mixture gets too firm, transfer to a blender, process until smooth, then return to freezer.