Chocolate Mousse Cake
This decadent chocolate dessert is full of satisfying, rich flavor. The best part? There’s no baking required! Make it the day before for a stress-free gathering.
Serves: 12Prep: 6 hours 45 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 6 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided, plus more for garnish
- Prepare 9” springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In food processor, process cookies until fine crumbs. Transfer to bowl; mix with butter. Using the bottom of a measuring glass or cup, press crust into prepared pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine chocolate and vanilla.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, add ¾ cup heavy cream. Bring to low simmer, then immediately pour over chocolate. Let sit 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Cover; chill 10 to 20 minutes, until cool.
- In large bowl, use electric hand mixer to beat remaining 2¼ cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in cooled chocolate mixture until no streaks remain.
- Spoon mixture over crust. Cover; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with crushed cookies and whipped cream, if desired. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.