Chocolate Mousse Torte
Each layer of chocolate lends its own texture and complexity to this divine dessert.
- 1 pouch (10.25 oz.) Betty Crocker™ Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 bags (11.5 oz. each) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1⁄4 cup toffee bits
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Additional powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom only of 9-inch spring form pan with shortening or cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and egg until smooth. Stir in 1 bag of the chocolate chunks. Pour batter into pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle pecans and toffee bits over batter; press in lightly.
- Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Run sharp knife around side of pan to loosen brownie layer.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1 cup of the remaining chocolate chunks uncovered on High 1 minute; stir until smooth. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat melted chocolate into cream cheese mixture.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the whipping cream. In chilled large bowl, beat remaining whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold chocolate-cream cheese mixture into whipped cream until no white streaks remain. Spoon mousse over brownie layer, smoothing top. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until mousse is set.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chunks uncovered on High 1 minute; stir until smooth. Stir in reserved ¼ cup whipping cream until smooth. Run thin, flexible spatula around side of pan to loosen torte; remove side of pan. Spoon warm chocolate mixture over top of mousse, allowing some to drizzle down sides. Smooth top of torte with thin, flexible spatula. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until serving.
- Using fine wire-mesh strainer, decorate with powdered sugar as desired.