Chocolate Oat Chipsters
This double chocolate oatmeal cookie with a special cereal crunch will become a favorite any time of year.
Serves: 18Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line with parchment paper two cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add chocolate, vanilla and egg; blend well to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, cereal and chocolate chips to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to drop mix onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets and allow to cool completely on wire rack.