Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Delectable oatmeal cookies made with common pantry items give those chocolate cravings a delicious, healthy fix. Whipped honey and butter form a base for creating the most amazing chocolate oatmeal cookies yet.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. white whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped sugar-free chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together softened butter and honey. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, salt, oats, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Drop 1 tablespoon rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheets 2" apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.