Make any morning feel like a special occasion. Add white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, or chopped nuts to the batter for an extra-special treat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1½ cups low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Measure the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Place nonstick griddle or skillet on stove and turn heat to medium. Pour batter onto heated griddle. When pancake has bubbled on top and is nicely browned on bottom (approximately 2–4 minutes), flip over. Brown on second side another 2–3 minutes. If pancakes are browning too quickly, lower heat.
- Repeat process with remaining batter. Serve pancakes warm, with whipped cream and real maple syrup if desired.