Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Chocolate and peanut butter are a classic combination. These cookies are made a little bigger than usual to satisfy those giant cravings. For more chocolate flavor add 1⁄2 cup of dark chocolate chips when you add the peanut butter chips.
Makes: 30Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients; blend into butter mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until just set.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before removing to finish cooling.