An elegant dessert with a decadent flavor combination, this tart is a showstopper when drizzled with melted chocolate.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup soymilk
- 1¾ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 unbaked vegan pie or pastry dough pressed into a 9" tart pan
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together water, soymilk, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Add margarine, cornstarch, and flour, continuing to whisk until blended. Spread pecans evenly over the tart crust. Pour wet ingredients over pecans.
- Bake tart for 50–55 minutes until filling has firmed up and pecans are golden brown. Allow tart to cool for 5–10 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in a metal bowl over simmering water, stirring to blend. Drizzle chocolate over the tart.