Chocolate Pecan Toffee Pie
This pie is similar to traditional pecan pie, but it has a firmer texture. The combination of chocolate and toffee make it a winner.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup English toffee bits
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread pecans on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, cream, and butter and beat well with eggbeater until smooth. Stir in pecans, chocolate chips, and toffee bits.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake for 50 minutes or until pie is set but still slightly soft in center. Cool completely on wire rack.