Chocolate-Peppermint Bundt Cake
This chocolate-mint deliciousness isn’t reserved for only the holiday season! Enjoy this cake all year long. This recipe uses smaller 6 cup Bundt pans and makes 2 cakes; one to gift and one to enjoy!
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup soy creamer
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 6 oz. vegan chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 small Bundt cake pans (6 cups each).
- Combine soy milk and vinegar in a medium bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to thicken. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Add oil, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract to the soy milk mixture, whisking to combine. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture, stirring gently until there are no large lumps.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Check cakes after 30 minutes; cakes are done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cakes. Cool cakes for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter. Cool completely.
- While cakes are baking, make the ganache: Place soy creamer and margarine in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and heat until the margarine melts. Add the vegan chocolate chips and continue to heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth.
- Cool ganache for 10 minutes. Pour over cakes.