Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Make chocolate peppermint truffles for a special dessert or to give as gifts. Using disposable plastic gloves will make forming the peppermint centers easier and keep your hands clean.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. light cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat cream with a microwave at 50 percent power for 30 seconds. Stir in butter until melted. Blend in confectioners' sugar and peppermint extract. Work the mixture with your hands until creamy. Shape into 3⁄4-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 1⁄4 cups of the chocolate chips with a microwave at 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stirring every 15 seconds, until chips are melted. Stir in the remaining 1⁄4 cup of chocolate chips until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Using a long metal or bamboo skewer, pick up each peppermint ball and dip into the chocolate, drip off excess while rotating the skewer, and place back onto cookie sheets. Place baking sheet in freezer for 10 minutes until chocolate is hardened.
- Store in airtight container.