Chocolate Raspberry Cake Roll
Also known as a “Log Cake,” this chocolate cake with raspberry and cream filling is a classic favorite! Try substituting the raspberries with fresh oranges for a wintery treat.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white spelt flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 pint heavy cream, chilled
- 3 drops liquid stevia
- 3⁄4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, washed and patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick. Sift sugar, flour, salt, and cocoa into the yolks, add 1 teaspoon vanilla, and mix well.
- Fold cocoa mixture into beaten egg whites. Spread batter evenly onto pan with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes, then cool in pan on a rack.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream with 1 teaspoon vanilla and stevia until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Gently lift cooled cake from pan and peel the parchment paper off the underside of the cake. Lay flat on the pan or place on a serving platter. Spread whipped cream in a layer over the cake and dot with raspberries. Beginning with a short end of the cake, gently roll the cake up to form a large log.
- Dust the top with confectioners’ sugar.