Chocolate and raspberries are a heavenly combination. Serving a soufflé is grand enough, but adding fresh raspberries to the mix is very special.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 squares bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter plus 1 Tbsp. for soufflé dishes
- 2 Tbsp. Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- 3 Tbsp. rice flour or cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. cold milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- Pinch cream of tartar
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate with the sugar, butter, and Chambord. Remove from heat. Whisk the flour and milk together and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the egg yolks, one at a time, into the chocolate mixture. Whip the egg whites and cream of tartar together until stiff. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and pour into 4 buttered 4-oz. soufflé dishes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and brown. Pour fresh raspberries over each portion.