Chocolate Raspberry Torte
Dress up this cake by trimming it with chocolate leaves or cocoa powder.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 3 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup cola
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 8 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, mix together butter and cola, and heat through. Remove the pan from the stove and add the chocolate, stirring to melt the chocolate. When melted, set aside and cool 20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend the raspberry preserves and lemon juice together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the eggs with the sugar and vanilla sugar for 10 minutes on high speed. Whisk the cooled, melted chocolate into the egg mixture until thoroughly incorporated. (The mixture will deflate.) Stir in the raspberry preserve mixture. Pour into the prepared springform pan.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet in the oven and reduce the oven’s heat to 325°F. Bake for 60 minutes, until the cake is done. (The top will have a slight crust and the middle will seem set.) The cake may rise and fall, but that is fine. Remove the cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top the cake with raspberries and dust with confectioners' sugar.