Chocolate Rolled Cookies
This dough is quite soft and can be challenging to work with; be sure to chill it overnight. If you are rolling it out on a warm day, keep the bowl of dough in the refrigerator until it is needed.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe container until butter is melted. Stir chocolate until it is blended and smooth.
- Blend in sugar until smooth; blend in egg and vanilla. Whisk together dry ingredients; add to butter mixture.
- Cover tightly; chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into shapes. Transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8–10 minutes. Cool completely.