Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
For an extra-fancy finish roll the cookies through a saucer filled with colored sugar or sprinkles. The sprinkles will stick to the filling and create a fun decorative strip.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tub (12 oz.) vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and butter. Use an electric mixer to create a smooth, uniform batter.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place them on cookie sheet. Press each ball with a spoon to flatten. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before sandwiching a layer of frosting between two cookies.