Chocolate Slice and Bake Cookies
These cookies are perfect with a glass of cold milk. For a beautiful decoration, dip half the cookie in white chocolate and sprinkle with chocolate jimmies.
Makes: 150Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄8 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. cold coffee
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, coffee, and vanilla; beat well. Whisk dry ingredients together; blend into creamed mixture.
- Form into logs; wrap in wax paper. Chill overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheet. Slice roll into 1⁄4-inch slices; arrange on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.