Chocolate snowballs are a crunchy, crumbly, chocolaty cookie that are wonderful in a holiday assortment. Cookies must be completely cool before they are rolled in the powdered sugar or else the sugar will melt off.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla together until creamy.
- Mix flour, salt, and cocoa. Blend dry mixture into butter mixture. Chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form small balls from dough and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes.
- Cool, then roll in confectioners’ sugar.