Chocolate Sticky Cake (Kladdkaka)
Ready in less time that it takes to whip up a humdrum box of brownies, Swedish kladdkaka is the ultimate in chocolate decadence.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. butter, divided
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 4 heaping Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. With 1 tablespoon of butter, grease 8 small ramekins.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Stir in salt and flour.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and vanilla extract into the melted butter. Add to the bowl with the batter and whisk well to get as much air into it as possible. Divide the batter amongst the prepared ramekins.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the edges comes out clean. If inserted in the center it will come out sticky with chocolate.
- Sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar and serve.