Chocolate Strawberry Witch Hats
Strawberries like to get dressed up for Halloween, too! Dip strawberries in chocolate and pipe frosting to make spooky, sweet faces.
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Pure Coconut Oil or Shortening
- 24 strawberries, stem end trimmed flat
- 24 chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tubes (4.25 oz.) green, purple and/or orange frosting
- In a double boiler slowly melt together chocolate and coconut oil.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on baking sheet. Coat strawberries in melted chocolate and place, flat side down, on prepared pan. Refrigerate about 45 minutes until set.
- Place chocolate wafer cookies in a single layer on a work surface. Pipe a circle of frosting in the center of each and top with a strawberry, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Refrigerate leftovers.