Chocolate Swirl Cookies
This recipe will work with any two colors of dough. Just leave the chocolate out and use food color to get the tint that you want.
Makes: 40Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 10 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in yolk, vanilla, and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients together; blend into dough.
- Divide dough in 1⁄2; add melted chocolate to 1⁄2 of dough. Chill 2 hours.
- Roll each half of dough out into 1⁄8-inch-thick rectangle. Place one half on top of the other; roll up like a jelly roll. Wrap tightly in wax paper; chill overnight, or freeze.
- When ready to bake, slice dough into 1⁄8-inch slices. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment; bake at 375°F 10 to 15 minutes.