Chocolate Swirl Cookies
This recipe will work with any two colors of dough. Just leave the chocolate out and use food color to get the tint that you want.
Makes: 40 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 10 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 40 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1½ cups cake flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in yolk, vanilla, and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients together; blend into dough.
- Divide dough in ½; add melted chocolate to ½ of dough. Chill 2 hours.
- Roll each ½ of dough out into ⅛" thick rectangle. Place one ½ on top of the other; roll up like a jelly roll. Wrap tightly in wax paper; chill overnight, or freeze.
- When ready to bake, slice dough into ⅛" thick slices. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment; bake at 375°F 10–15 minutes.