Chocolate Thin Mint Cookies
If you are addicted to the Girl Scout thin mint cookies, you will love these. Peppermint oil is a flavoring available at most candy and cake supply stores.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅛ tsp. peppermint oil
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; blend well.
- Stir in cocoa, salt, and flour. Shape into 2" diameter logs; wrap in wax paper. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice cookie dough as thin as possible without breaking. Transfer slices to prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring often, until melted. Add peppermint oil. Dip cooled cookies completely in chocolate coating; place on clean parchment paper to set.