Beautiful and delicate but with a triple-chocolate kick, these chocolate thumbprints are a nice accompaniment to an after-dinner espresso or cup of tea.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 24 unwrapped milk chocolate kisses
- Cream butter, 2⁄3 cup sugar, egg, 2 tablespoons cream, and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place remaining sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place on baking sheets. Press thumb gently in center of each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- While cookies bake, bring 1 cup cream almost to a boil in microwave, about 2 minutes. Remove and quickly add bittersweet, milk, and dark chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- When cookies are removed from oven, press centers again with thumb. Quickly add 1⁄4 teaspoon filling in indentation, then press 1 chocolate kiss on top of each cookie. Cool completely.