Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes
This is a perfectly delightful treasure for the true chocolate lover. These rich cupcakes have a surprisingly creamy, molten center.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 package (16 oz.) brownie mix
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate milk
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds, stirring halfway through. Set aside to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine eggs and yolks; use an electric mixer to beat on high speed for 5 minutes. The eggs should look foamy and double in volume.
- Fold dry brownie mix, chocolate milk, and microwaved chocolate mixture into the egg mixture using a wooden spoon. Pour even amounts into the baking cups.
- Bake for 13 minutes. The centers of the cake should be soft, but the edges should be set. Sprinkle cupcakes with confectioners’ sugar and cocoa powder.