Chocolate Walnut Derby Bars
What’s better than a bourbon-spiked walnut bar? Adding chocolate, of course! Use nonstick foil to line the pan for an easy release and clean cutting.
Serves: 48Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons Jim Beam® Bourbon, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 13”x9” baking pan with nonstick foil or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or two knives, until particles are size of small peas. Add 3 tablespoons bourbon and water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl (1-2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary).
- Press dough into pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until top is dry and beginning to brown.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, 3 tablespoons of bourbon, the 2 tablespoons butter, the vanilla and the ¼ teaspoon salt with whisk until blended. Pour filling into partially baked crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool 1 hour. Cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.