Chocolate Yogurt Bundt Cake
A little orange zest adds a subtle citrusy zing to the decadent chocolate flavor in this moist and satisfying Bundt cake.
Serves: 12Prep: 1 hour 5 minutesCook: 55 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup just-boiled water
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 10 to 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder and chocolate. Pour hot water over mixture; stir until smooth. Let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes, whisking occasionally). Whisk in yogurt.
- In clean mixing bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter, brown sugar and orange zest on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust mixer to medium and add eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is fully mixed in; scrape bowl as needed.
- With mixer on medium-low, add about ⅓ flour mixture and ½ chocolate-yogurt mixture; mix until incorporated. Add another ⅓ flour mixture and remaining ½ chocolate-yogurt mixture; mix until incorporated. Add remaining ⅓ flour mixture and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon batter into pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Before serving, top with confectioners’ sugar and whipped topping. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.