Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Zucchini adds moistness and texture to your chocolate cake. Bake this every year when the garden harvest comes in or after your first trip to the farmers’ market.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 tub (12 oz.) prepared chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Slowly incorporate the sour cream. Add cake mix. Fold in grated zucchini.
- Spoon batter into the cake pan and shake until batter is level. Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely before inverting pan onto serving platter. Frost cake with prepared frosting.