Chocolate–Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
You could argue that this flourless, eggless, favorite childhood delectable is really more candy than cookie . . . in fact, they’re not even baked! They’re just too yummy to leave out. Be careful to use quick-cooking oats, not instant oats, for this recipe.
Makes: 40Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine oats and coconut in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar, soy milk, cocoa, salt, and margarine in a heavy saucepan. Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, bring to boil over medium heat and boil for exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheets lined with wax paper. Cool completely.