Chana masala is a popular North Indian dish. You can buy curry paste and garam masala at some supermarkets, Indian markets, and online.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 6 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (14 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup prepared curry paste
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Place tomatoes, chickpeas, garam masala, and salt to a slow cooker. Add 14 ounces water. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chickpeas are cooked well. Add up to 1 cup of water if the chickpeas dry out in the cooking process. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.