Chop Chop Salad
Get all your vegetables in one tasty little mix. Chop hearty vegetables, brine them in a tasty mix, and serve alongside grilled chicken, meats and salads. This recipe is so good, it’s turned many a non-vegetable eaters into vegetable lovers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pickling mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped radish
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrots
- 1⁄4 cup diced jicama
- 1⁄4 cup diced broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook vinegar, water, honey, salt, and pickling mix together until mixture begins to simmer and salt dissolves.
- Toss all remaining ingredients together, packing tightly into two pint-sized or four half-pint mason jars. Cover with brine. Twist lid on tightly.
- Refrigerate overnight. Store in refrigerator and enjoy within 4 weeks.