Chopped Spring Salad
You can use almost any vegetable available in spring in this salad. Having all the ingredients in small pieces insures you get a little of everything in each bite.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 medium yellow beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large radishes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch kale, shredded
- 2 large stalks rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Set aside.
- Cut the radish and beet slices into quarters and set aside.
- Combine the onion, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow stream. Add kale, rhubarb, pecans, beets, and radishes to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Top with goat cheese and serve immediately.