Chorizo and Arugula Flatbread
Flatbread topped with lightly-browned chorizo, melted mozzarella, and fresh arugula will bring the whole family rushing to the table.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. thinly sliced chorizo
- 1⁄2 lb. purchased pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and brown for 2 minutes. Flip and brown for 2 minutes more. Drain on paper towels.
- Stretch dough into a 15-by-5-inch rectangle and place on a large baking sheet. Brush with remaining olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with reserved chorizo, mozzarella, and red onion. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Top with arugula and serve.