Frittata can be served any time of day. Serve with rustic bread and coffee for breakfast, with salad for lunch or dinner. Leftovers are great for a late-night snack.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. chorizo, cut into 1⁄4-inch discs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler. Adjust top oven rack to about 6 inches below heating element.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until shimmering. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is fully cooked, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Wipe out skillet and return to stove.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt, and pepper until frothy. Stir in cheese.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, heat the remaining oil. Add eggs. Scatter cooked chorizo and chopped parsley over eggs. Cook gently, shaking pan occasionally until eggs are almost fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Place skillet onto top oven rack and broil for about 2 minutes until eggs are set.