Chorizo Grilled Cheese
Looking for a grilled cheese with more flavor? Mexican chorizo, multiple cheeses and pickled jalapeños make for a gourmet sandwich that’s oozing with flavor! Serve it with homemade chips for a comforting meal that’s ideal any day of the week.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup ground Mexican chorizo
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut into 8 slices
- 12 slices pepper jack cheese
- 12 slices American cheese
- Sliced pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1⁄2 stick butter
- 1 1⁄4 pounds red-skinned potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fruit seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Knorr® Granulated Chicken Bouillon
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place an empty rimmed baking sheet in center rack of oven for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook chorizo and onion about 10 minutes, stirring often. Drain.
- Using 1 tablespoon butter per bread slice, butter sandwich tops and bottoms.
- Build sandwiches by layering bottom bread slices with 3 slices pepper jack, chorizo-onion mixture, sliced pickled jalapeños (to taste), 3 slices of American cheese and remaining bread slices.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, salt, black pepper and bouillon. In a large bowl, toss sliced potatoes with the olive oil mixture.
- On a hot baking sheet, arrange potatoes in single layer; roast 30-35 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crispy.
- On a preheated non-stick skillet, place sandwiches and cover; grill over low heat until cheese is melted and bread is brown and crispy, flipping as needed.
- Sprinkle fruit seasoning over cooked potatoes.