Chorizo and Potato Omelet
If you have leftover potatoes from dinner the night before, this omelet comes together quickly. Otherwise you can parboil the potatoes while the chorizo is cooking and then add them to the pan with the onions.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 link chorizo sausage, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup cooked potatoes, sliced
- 3 large eggs
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a 7" omelet pan over medium heat. Cook chorizo until it’s browned, about 10 minutes; transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Add the sliced onion and potato to the remaining sausage grease in the hot pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until they start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Return the chorizo to the pan and pour the beaten eggs evenly over the sausage and veggies.
- Reduce heat to low and cook slowly until the eggs are set, about 5 minutes. You can lift up the sides with the spatula to allow the raw egg to run underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, sprinkle half the omelet with the cheese and gently fold it in half. Cook for another minute and then slide it onto a serving plate.