There is perhaps no better pairing than chorizo with spicy peppers baked into a delicious creamy mound of cheese.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ medium yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 4 oz. pork chorizo sausage
- 3 medium jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced in half
- 6 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 6 Tbsp. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat and sweat onion 2 minutes. Add chorizo to pan and cook another 3–5 minutes. Drain mixture. Stuff each pepper half with sausage mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each pepper and top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Bake 10–15 minutes or until cheese turns brown and bubbly. Serve warm.