Christmas Citrus Cheesecakes
Let the taste of citrus help ring in the holidays! Flavored with lemon and orange zest, these mini cakes add zing to any dessert table.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 11 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Flour
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Vanilla Extract
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Brown Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup whipped cream
- 1 orange, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line 12 2½-inch muffin cups with paper baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in each. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, flour and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in eggs and lemon and orange zest. Pour into baking cups until each is two-thirds full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are set. Cool in pan on a wire rack (centers will sink slightly).
- Remove from pan and chill for at least 2 hours. To serve, top each cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with an orange slice.