Chunky Chicken Salad
For a fun twist, try this salad wrapped in collard greens.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 medium red apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 2 cups lettuce
- In a large saucepan, gently poach the chicken breasts in stock over medium heat for about 20 minutes, being careful not to overcook.
- Remove the chicken from the stock, let cool, and then cut into chunks.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken and apple in mayonnaise.
- Add the tarragon and green onion and toss again. Serve over lettuce.