Chunky Gluten-Free Apple Pancakes
To make these chunky pancakes, start with a gluten-free pancake and baking mix and then mix in cinnamon and apple chunks. Serve hot with creamy butter and sweet maple syrup and enjoy the flavors of autumn any time of year.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Whisk in the cinnamon and pancake and baking mix until it forms a smooth batter. This can also be done in about 30 seconds in a blender. Fold in chopped apples.
- Spray a heavy-bottomed skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until a few drops of water flicked onto the pan sizzle immediately. Reduce heat to medium. Scoop 1⁄4 cup of batter per pancake onto skillet. Continue to cook on medium-high heat until bubbles form and pop on top of the pancakes, or until the edges appear dry. Flip and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, until golden-brown.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.