Chunky Pizza Sauce
This sauce calls for a substantial crust to keep the coarsely chopped tomatoes contained and to soak up the herb-laced tomato juices.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (28 oz.) plum tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 scallion, minced
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place well-drained tomatoes in a food processor and pulse to chop. Tomatoes should be chunky, not puréed.
- Pour tomatoes into a saucepan. Add tomato paste and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool before using in recipes.