Chunky Unsweetened Applesauce
This salt-free natural applesauce is delicious on its own, spooned over latkes or pancakes, or served as a condiment with grilled meat.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 medium apples, any variety
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Peel, core, and dice the apples.
- Place diced apples into a large pot, add the apple juice, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently. Cook until apples are tender and falling apart, roughly 20–30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mash coarsely using a potato masher. Spoon into clean lidded jars and refrigerate until ready to serve.