Chunky Vegetable Chili
This easy-to-make vegetarian chili is full of fresh vegetables, pinto beans, and spices.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bell peppers are crisp-tender and mixture is heated and blended. Serve immediately.