Churrasco with Chimichurri
This tender grilled flank steak is topped with a savory, herb-filled chimichurri sauce that’s easy to make at home. Serve this recipe for friends and family at your next barbecue.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning, divided
- 1 pound flank steak
- 6-inch sazón seasoning
- In food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, oregano, red onion, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning. Process until fine.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Season steak with sazón seasoning and 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning. Place steak over direct heat and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- Place the steak on a cutting board and allow to rest 5 minutes, then cut into slices.
- Spoon chimichurri sauce over steak and serve.