Cilantro Pesto with Jalapeño
Cilantro pesto is a great way to add the distinctive flavor of cilantro to Asian and Southwest-inspired recipes.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2¼ cups fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp. grated lime zest
- ⅔ cup pecans
- ⅔ cup grated Manchego cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime zest, pecans, and cheeses in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse to finely chop ingredients.
- With processor running, add olive oil to ingredients in a steady stream. Continue processing until mixture is completely puréed and blended. Transfer pesto to a small bowl and top with diced jalapeño before serving.