Cilantro Potato and Pea Curry
Turn up the heat in this simple curried potato recipe by adding in some fresh chilies or cayenne pepper, or sweeten it for kids by adding some pineapple.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine garlic, water, tomato paste, ginger, curry powder, sugar, soy sauce, onion, and sesame oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, sauté potatoes in olive oil for 3–4 minutes, then add spice mix and peas and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add coconut milk and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring well to combine.
- Remove from heat and add fresh cilantro.