No rise, no wait—these amazing little cinnamon buns can be made anytime!
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅔ cup low-fat milk
- 1½ tsp. dry active yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray the bottom of an 8-inch square pan lightly with oil and/or line with parchment.
- Measure flour, butter, milk, yeast, sugar, and egg into a mixing bowl and stir well to form a dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, adding as much as ¼ cup additional flour. Roll dough out into a 10" × 16" rectangle, keeping the long edge facing you. Brush the surface of the dough with the tablespoon of melted butter.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl and sprinkle evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Starting at the long edge facing you, roll the dough away from you, tightly. When you get to the long edge opposite, wet the lip of the dough very lightly with water and pinch to close. Cut the dough into 16 equal pieces and place the rounds (cut-side down) in the prepared pan. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- While cinnaminis are baking, prepare the icing. In a small bowl, beat together the powdered sugar and milk. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven and set on wire rack to cool. Cool at least 5 minutes. Drizzle icing over the cinnaminis and serve.