Cinnamon Caramel Café au Lait
This cinnamon caramel sauce recipe is great to keep on hand for warm fall drinks.
Serves: 2Prep: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces whole milk
- 6 ounces strong, hot coffee
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and butter in a 1 quart sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook mixture 5-10 minutes until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat; add cream and vanilla. If not using right away, cool and store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make café au lait, heat milk with 2 tablespoons of cinnamon caramel sauce; whisk vigorously to froth slightly. Pour coffee in a mug and top with hot milk.
- Tip: Cinnamon caramel milk can also be served hot without coffee added. Try serving caramel sauce warm over vanilla ice cream. Caramel can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.